If you’re looking for a fun-filled weekend getaway, look no further than Maine! This beautiful state is home to stunning landscapes, charming small towns, and plenty of activities to keep you busy. Whether you’re a nature lover or a history buff, there’s something for everyone in Maine. In this article, we’ll provide tips on how to make the most of your time in the Pine Tree State. So pack your bags and get ready for an adventure!
Things to Do in Maine
There’s no shortage of things to do in Maine, from exploring its rugged coastline to visiting its charming small towns. Here are a few suggestions:
- Visit Acadia National Park. This stunning park is home to rocky cliffs, forests, and lakes. It’s a great place for hiking, biking, and sightseeing.
- Check out the lighthouses. Maine is home to some of the most beautiful lighthouses in the country, including Cape Elizabeth Light, Portland Head Light, and Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse.
- Visit a small town. There’s no better way to experience Maine culture than by visiting one of its charming small towns. Some of our favorites include Bar Harbor, Camden, and Kennebunkport.
- Take a scenic drive. Maine is home to some beautiful scenery, so be sure to take a few scenic drives while you’re there. One of our favorites is the Loop Road in Acadia National Park.
Where to Stay in Maine
There are plenty of great places to stay in Maine, from cozy bed and breakfasts to luxurious hotels. Here are a few suggestions:
- In Bar Harbor, we recommend the Inn at Bay Ledge or the Harborside Hotel.
- In Camden, we recommend The Captain’s House Inn or The White Barn Inn.
- In Kennebunkport, we recommend the Bush Compound or The Breakwater Inn.
- In Portland, we recommend The Westin Portland Harborview or The Press Hotel.
How to Get There
Maine is easy to get to from most major U.S. cities. Here are a few ways to get there:
- By car. Maine is easily accessible by car, and there are plenty of scenic routes to choose from.
- By plane. Portland International Jetport is the largest airport in Maine, and it offers service from a number of major U.S. cities.
- By train. Amtrak offers service to several towns in Maine, including Portland, Bangor, and Bar Harbor.
- By bus. The major bus companies all offer service to Maine.
We hope you enjoy your quick getaway in Maine! For more ideas on things to do and places to stay, be sure to check out the Visit Maine website. Have a great time!
Entertaining guests is often a fun idea, yet hard to execute once you stare at the open space in your home. You may fear you don’t have enough room or enough things to entertain people, but you can actually make any space party-worthy. Attention to detail and planning go a long way when it comes to making your home the place to party.
Before you begin, you must decide what your needs are when it comes to entertaining. Decide if you’re going to throw elegant cocktail parties, fun happy hour bashes or just your everyday barbecue gatherings. You can match your style to your type of entertaining to maximize your entertaining space. You don’t always need elaborate decorations or a perfect place, but more of a space designed to match your parties.
Lots of Seating
Make sure you have adequate seating for the number of people. People love to mingle and chit chat, but they also love to sit while they drink and just talk to friends. You can have tables set up throughout the room or just rely on your couches and chairs to accommodate people. Put enough seating in the area of the food so people can grab food then sit down to talk. You can even set up action stations where food is at each table so people can mix and mingle with guests and food at the same time.
Food and Beverages
Entertaining guests means having lots of food and drinks. If it’s a casual gathering, snacks and alcohol or sodas is perfect. If it’s more of a formal gathering, have different types of wine and spritzers available for guests. Everyone loves a good food tray so it’s always safe to go with different types of food. People love to stand around and just eat. Set out the food in different areas so guests have easy access to it. Make sure you have enough plates, cups and silverware as well. It also sets the mood so make the tone of the music match the tone of the party. If it’s casual, go for fun music. If it’s formal, go for more of an orchestra sound.
Guests love good music. Create a fun playlist or tune your radio in to a great station to entertain guests. Don’t have it too loud, but at a nice volume for background music. If there’s a lull in conversation, it doesn’t seem as weird when the music is flowing.
Clean and Declutter
When entertaining guests, make your house look like those in the magazines. Put away the remote controls, the extra blankets and the dishes stacking up on the counter. Clean up the things you use on an every day basis. It’s often a joke that you want to make it look like no one lives in the house! If you have kids, put away the toys that are usually thrown across the living room floor. The stacks of mail on your counter can easily be put in a drawer. Don’t worry, you can get it all back out after the party.