If you’re looking for a fun-filled weekend getaway, look no further than Maine! This beautiful state is home to stunning landscapes, charming small towns, and plenty of activities to keep you busy. Whether you’re a nature lover or a history buff, there’s something for everyone in Maine. In this article, we’ll provide tips on how to make the most of your time in the Pine Tree State. So pack your bags and get ready for an adventure!
Things to Do in Maine
There’s no shortage of things to do in Maine, from exploring its rugged coastline to visiting its charming small towns. Here are a few suggestions:
- Visit Acadia National Park. This stunning park is home to rocky cliffs, forests, and lakes. It’s a great place for hiking, biking, and sightseeing.
- Check out the lighthouses. Maine is home to some of the most beautiful lighthouses in the country, including Cape Elizabeth Light, Portland Head Light, and Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse.
- Visit a small town. There’s no better way to experience Maine culture than by visiting one of its charming small towns. Some of our favorites include Bar Harbor, Camden, and Kennebunkport.
- Take a scenic drive. Maine is home to some beautiful scenery, so be sure to take a few scenic drives while you’re there. One of our favorites is the Loop Road in Acadia National Park.
Where to Stay in Maine
There are plenty of great places to stay in Maine, from cozy bed and breakfasts to luxurious hotels. Here are a few suggestions:
- In Bar Harbor, we recommend the Inn at Bay Ledge or the Harborside Hotel.
- In Camden, we recommend The Captain’s House Inn or The White Barn Inn.
- In Kennebunkport, we recommend the Bush Compound or The Breakwater Inn.
- In Portland, we recommend The Westin Portland Harborview or The Press Hotel.
How to Get There
Maine is easy to get to from most major U.S. cities. Here are a few ways to get there:
- By car. Maine is easily accessible by car, and there are plenty of scenic routes to choose from.
- By plane. Portland International Jetport is the largest airport in Maine, and it offers service from a number of major U.S. cities.
- By train. Amtrak offers service to several towns in Maine, including Portland, Bangor, and Bar Harbor.
- By bus. The major bus companies all offer service to Maine.
We hope you enjoy your quick getaway in Maine! For more ideas on things to do and places to stay, be sure to check out the Visit Maine website. Have a great time!